Friday, August 30, 2013

The Advantages of Homeschooling

We're sitting in the living room eating sloppy Joe's when mom came in and randomly told us we were all so blessed to be home schooled. Well, at least it stuck me as being random. I asked her what she meant.

She told us that the public school system is staring to push a new curriculum, and the excerpt she had read made her want to throw up. She wouldn't name what it was, and that was all I needed to know.

I'm hoping that by writing this I'll be helpful in keeping your family protected, but what you do form here is entirely up to you.

The advantages of homeschooling are as follows:

1. Your child will not learn or be taught anything you wouldn't have them learn. Unless they find it for themselves (by intention or accident) you get to control what enters their head.

2. Bullying won't be an issue. I don't mean to say they'll never be bullied in all their life, but the likelihood is much less and it would be easier to get a handle on the situation then it would be otherwise.

3. Overall better control of your child's interactions.

However, I do realize that there are some disadvantages as well.

1. What if both parents need to work?

2. It may be difficult to teach them everything you'd have them know. The subject palette may be narrower depending on your expertise. We're only human, right?

3. Fewer social opportunities. This one can be worked around, however.

Conclusion
I recognize that every person is different , and home schooling may not be a workable option for everyone, but I hope that having warned you of this stumbling block will have made a difference. The best thing you can do for your family is to watch and pray. If you truly desire to remain pure, He will make a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment