Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Worst Sonnet Ever

I type a line wondering what to compose
and the next line comes simply enough.
"Maybe I'm just gifted" I now suppose;
to another writer this may seem rough.

Next line's harder as I scramble for a good rhyme
and I start to get confused and frown my brow
it will turn out, I tell myself, just give it time
I bite my lip and add, randomly, the word "prow"

I pound on the keyboard and scream
"That's it, IT! I'm sick of this crap!
What possessed me to even dream
that this trash would get a good rap?!"

I turn the computer off with a huff.

If you wanted to hear the rest, then tough.

This is the first sonnet I've attempted to write. I don't mean to imply that this is the worst sonnet ever written, I just thought "Worst Sonnet Ever" would be a fun title. :)

Please take a moment to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment