Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Thoughts on Blogging

I'm told that if I want to be a bestselling author one day, I need to be very well-connected, and to do that, I need to stay on top of everything social media. Being a introvert, that will be difficult.

In the past, I've only posted here when I had something I was particularly proud of that I wanted to show off, and, as of late, I haven't been posting at all. Why? I have no clear idea. I've been drawing, and I've been writing. I guess that for me blogging like trying to break an awkward silence with an even more awkward comment; no one really responds the way I want them to, and I'm left wondering if the person I'm talking to thinks I'm insane (which isn't all that far from the truth, come to think of it.)

While I'm already typing here, I might as well let you (probably very few people)  know how my writing is coming along. I have a picture book that is almost finished; I just need to track down a decent scanner. I also have three novel rough drafts finished, with two more in the pot. I had been posting parts of the novel on Wattpad, up until my computer and the site decided they didn't like each other any more.

I'm glad that this piece of junk can still handle my social media and so-forth, but there are moments when I want to take a hammer to this computer, no joke. It's about fifteen years old, and I got it for twenty dollars at a thrift store, so I guess I should have expected this, but I still keep on finding reasons to get frustrated with it.  The newest frustration is the fact that Paint's colors stopped working; if it's not a color already in the image, the program refuses to add it, and it winds up the closest color that already exists. To work around it, I have to open an image of a Photoshop color pallet, expand it until there is room for whatever else I'm working on, paste my uncolored image below the pallet, and then I can finally add the colors I want. This is a headache if I forget a color I want to add, crop off the color pallet, only to have to Frankenstein the images together again. The thing won't even copy and paste colors from other images. It's a mess!

Just because I think it's weird to post a blog without and image, I think I'll add a picture out of my portfolio to this.
That's better. This is an image from "Good Thing Grandpa's a Dragon," that picture book I was telling you about.

I've about run out of things to say, so I guess it's time to stop typing and post this thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment