Blog is updated every Monday.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Burrito Soup

The other day I found some stuff in the cupboard, threw in in a pot, and, crazily enough, it turned out to be something no one in the family complained about. Let me repeat that: even the pickiest eaters in the family (me included) liked this. To celebrate the one time I make something everybody likes, I'm posting the recipe here. I think that this is gluten-free, it's high in fiber, and kids shouldn't be wierded out by it. :)

Supplies:
Large pot
Can opener
Mixing spoon

Ingredients:
1 family-sized can of refried beans
1/3 cup mild salsa
1 normal-sized can of black beans, drained
3/4 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or white
1 tablespoon salt
DO NOT DRAIN: 1 can of olives

Instructions:
Dump all ingredients into large pot, and cook over low-medium heat, stirring regularly.

That's all there is to it. The olive juice is used to keep the soup from being too thick.

I'm sorry, I know you'd probably like a picture, but none of our bowls happen to be pretty enough to photograph. Would you settle for a cartoon? Of course you would.


No comments:

Post a Comment